Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Software (C-TDM)
Therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) is a branch of clinical chemistry and clinical pharmacology. TDM aimed at improving patient care by individually adjusting the dose of drugs for which clinical experience or clinical trials have shown it improved outcome in the general or special populations.
Indications for therapeutic drug monitoring include:
- There is an experimentally determined relationship between plasma drug concentration and the pharmacological effect.
- Knowledge of the drug level influences management.
- There is narrow therapeutic window.
- There are potential patient compliance problems.
- The drug dose cannot be optimised by clinical observation alone.
Tacrolimus(FK-506) is an immunosuppressive drug that is mainly used after allogeneic organ transplant to reduce the activity of the patient's immune system and so lower the risk of organ rejection. FK506-TDM Sever is developed to facilitate the therapeutic drug monitoring of tacrolimus for Chinese renal transplant patients.